About From up North
From up North is a design blog focusing on promoting and inspiring creatives all over the world. We deliver inspiration within Graphic Design, Advertising, Photography, Illustration, Web Design, Motion Graphics, Print & Packaging just to name a few.
The inspiration blog started on Daniel Nelson’s personal site in September 2009. In April 2010 the blog moved to it’s new home at From up North and was expanded with design news, featured artists/studios, round-ups etc. etc.
In April 2013 From up North got a complete visual makeover with a brand new website and a new identity. The new logo is a collaboration between Daniel Nelson and Alden Haley, who’s the guy behind the beautiful mountain/fire symbol.
If you like the site and want to stay updated, be sure to subscribe!
You can submit your suggestions for the inspiration galleries using the “Submit” button lokated in the header.
Note: From up North focuses on presenting as high quality artwork as possible so only the best suggestions will be selected to be a part of the galleries.
You can also submit images on our sister site SerialThriller™, which is an image based inspiration blog.
From up North is focusing on promoting and inspiring fellow creatives all over the globe. The images presented on this page are copyrighted by respective creator/owner.
To file a copyright infringement notification with us, please send us an email to the address listed below containing the following information:
- The URL on From up North which contains the alleged content.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, including the name of the person/company/party holding the copyright, or the name of the person/company/party that has been authorized to represent the holder of the copyright.
- An e-mail address, under the agreement to allow From up North service provider to disclose to the person who posted the work, as an efficient mode of contact between the parties toward settlement.
- A statement of faith belief that the use of the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, that the claim is not deceptive or false, that the person claiming the deletion of the alleged work is the holder of the copyright, or an authorized representative with the right to act on behalf of the exclusive right.
Over the years we’ve published between 20.000 and 30.000 images in our inspiration galleries. These images are mostly hand-picked from other design blogs, portfolios and through social media channels like Pinterest etc. Now a days we’re working really hard to provide as much information as possible about the pieces we publish. But if those sites don’t contain any information regarding credit, it’s quite hard for us to add any information at all.
That’s why we’ve now developed a new function where you, the visitor, actually can submit more information about a specific piece if you’d happen to have more information about it. More information regarding this function is presented in this post.
Do you have a question or do you just want to say hi?
Feel free to get in touch by dropping us an email to the following address: hello [at] fromupnorth [dot] com.
You can also send messages through Twitter, Facebook or Google+.