For three months we’ll be doing one competition a month and each contest will have a winner and a runner up who gets some really sweet prizes from our sponsors. And now its time for the second one!
How the contests work
Each contest will have a specific theme that you the designer can interpret however you’d like. It’s kinda like a graphic design version of Nick Campbell’s awesome 5 second projects.
You can use photography, illustration, typography or whichever design area you’re most comfortable with.
Be as creative as you like!
Theme – Competition 2
The second theme is going to be “Dynamic Movement“!
Create an image that portrays movement and connotes energy. (Thanks Marcus for the tip!)
– Two of Go Medias nineteen Vector Set’s (value ~$70 USD)
– One license of TypeDNA (value $39 USD)
* Note: Billings Pro is only available for Mac.
A word from our sponsors
Go Media, Creative agency and organizers of Weapons of Mass Creation Fest:
“Taking place in Cleveland, OH, USA, WMC Fest is quickly becoming a must-attend event for creatives. Its goal is to inspire and enable the creative mind and will feature 20 speakers, 20 designers, and 20 bands over the weekend. Come to WMC Fest to network, collaborate, get inspired, learn new tricks, and meet new friends!”
Marketcircle, Creators of Billings Pro:
“Billings logical workflow and intuitive interface make quoting, invoicing, and time tracking simple. Generate invoices using one of 30 professionally designed templates to ensure you reflect your company’s image. Manage your client accounts and easily identify overdue clients – then send them a statement with the click of a button.”
TypeDNA, Creators of… well the plug-in TypeDNA:
“TypeDNA goes beyond any traditional font manager by providing tools that assist in choosing the right font. TypeDNA is the only font tool that runs both standalone and extends all its creative and management features inside Adobe® Photoshop CS5, Illustrator CS5, and InDesign CS5. This unique approach significantly enhances font capabilities and complements the design process.”
1. One submission per person/competition.
2. Submissions are emailed to email@example.com.
3. Only image submissions. If you’re into motion graphics, check out Nick’s 5 second projects.
4. Images can be of any size but the shortest side needs to be at least 600px. The resolution on the final image should be 72dpi.
5. Add your name and website in the email if you want those to be published later on with your image.
6. Any submissions that contains offensive material will not be published.
The contest ends on May 14th! All entries will be added to our Flickr group after the competition has ended and the winners will be posted here on the site shortly after followed by a couple of honorable mentions.
If you have any questions, please enter a comment below and I’ll answer them as soon as possible.
Best of luck everyone!